News

About Us

Jouett Elementary School was built in 1985. It was named after the famous Louisa County patriot, Jack Jouett, who rode to Charlottesville from Cuckoo to warn of the attack of the British in 1781. Jouett brought together the smaller elementary schools of Apple Grove, Shelfar, and Mount Garland. On the first Open House Day, parents, children, and members of community were lined up down the road to see the new school. It was a very exciting day for the east end of Louisa County.

Jouett has continued to grow over the years with a new wing added that included six classrooms. As the population continues to grow, five learning cottages have been added to accommodate the fifth grade classes.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.